- 25 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1 hours 45 minutes
For 2 bread(s)
Flour for Spelt bread
The varieties of bread flour from Soubry have been specially developed to obtain a perfect result in the bread baking process, even with bread machines that demand a very high flour quality. Soubry bread flour contains a lot of high-quality proteins. These guarantee bread with a perfect crumb structure and a golden brown crust. These flour types form the base to which you simply have to add water, yeast, salt and other ingredients depending on the recipe.
Soubry Flour for White Spelt Bread is made from 100% spelt grain. The selection of high-quality raw materials ensures that Soubry can offer you all the goodness of spelt in a light, delicious loaf of bread!
- Knead the flour, yeast, water and salt together to form a smooth dough. Let the kneader knead for 5 minutes on setting 1, then knead for another 5 minutes on setting 2. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Roll the pieces into balls and cover with a kitchen towel. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface. Press the dough balls to form a circle about 2 cm thick. Make three incisions in each circle in the shape of a star. Make sure the dough is cut all the way to the bottom, but keep 3 cm from the edge so the outer edge remains intact.
- Lift the circle, push the points in the middle of the dough upwards and turn further outwards.
- Place the stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for another 60 minutes.
- Slide the baking tray into a preheated oven at 200°C. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Sift some white flour onto the stars before you slide them into the oven. This gives a very rustic look after baking.