- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1 hours 45 minutes
For 10 bread(s)
poppy of sesame seeds for finishing
Flour for a white bread
The varieties of bread flour from Soubry have been specially developed to obtain a perfect result in the bread baking process, even with bread machines that demand a very high flour quality. Soubry bread flour contains a lot of high-quality proteins. These guarantee bread with a perfect crumb structure and a golden brown crust. These flour types form the base to which you simply have to add water, yeast, salt and other ingredients depending on the recipe.
This flour is a careful blend of fine wheat for a soft, beautiful and white crumb texture. Nice and light and flavourful.
- Knead the flour, yeast, water, honey and salt together to form a smooth dough. Let the kneader knead for 5 minutes on setting 1. Then add the olive oil and knead for another 5 minutes on setting 2. Roll into a ball, cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for 60 min.
- Divide the dough into 75 g pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on the dough balls. Pierce a hole in the centre with your finger and stretch the balls to form a ring. The opening may be 5 cm in diameter. Place each ring on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a kitchen towel or clingfilm and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan. Once again, make the opening in the rings a little larger. Carefully slide the dough into the boiling water with a slotted spoon or by hand. Poach for 1.5 minutes, turn over and poach for another 1.5 minutes.
- Remove the bagels from the water with the slotted spoon and place briefly on a kitchen towel to drain thoroughly.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush the bagels with it. Decorate with the seeds.
- Place the bagels on a baking tray lined with baking paper and slide into a preheated 200°C oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Then allow to cool on a wire rack.