Fresh appetizer with pearl couscous and watermelon
- 20 minutes
For 4 persons
a few mint leaves
You might think that couscous and pearl couscous are the same thing, but nothing could be further from the truth! Soubry Pearl Couscous consists of small balls of wheat with a full and mild flavour. Just like pasta, you have to cook them in water, which keeps them nice and Al Dente. With a little creativity, the possibilities for preparing this pasta are almost endless. You can use it in a main course, but it also makes a perfect amuse bouche, appetizer, side dish, cold salad and even soup and dessert. So let your imagination run wild!
- Cook the pearl couscous, drain and cool under cold running water.
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes or make balls using a melon or ball spoon.
- Chop the onion.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the corn oil, raspberry vinegar and honey. Season with pepper.
- Put a few spoonfuls of couscous into a glass and add the melon.
- Crumble the feta over this.
- Finish with the chopped onion, a dash of vinaigrette and a few mint leaves.