Sushi with pearl couscous and salmon
- 20 minutes
For 6 persons
juice of 1/2 lime
fresh salmon without the skin
stems of chives
You might think that couscous and pearl couscous are the same thing, but nothing could be further from the truth! Soubry Pearl Couscous consists of small balls of wheat with a full and mild flavour. Just like pasta, you have to cook them in water, which keeps them nice and Al Dente. With a little creativity, the possibilities for preparing this pasta are almost endless. You can use it in a main course, but it also makes a perfect amuse bouche, appetizer, side dish, cold salad and even soup and dessert. So let your imagination run wild!
- Marinate the salmon in a marinade of olive oil, cider vinegar, the juice of the lime and the chilli pepper.
- Chop the chives and half the coriander and add them to the marinade.
- Allow the salmon to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the pearl couscous as directed on the packaging.
- Drain and mix with 1 tbsp of the salmon marinade and the fresh cheese.
- Cut the avocado, cucumber and salmon into fine strips.
- Arrange a nori sheet on a rolling mat and top 3/4 with a layer of pasta pearl couscous.
- In the centre, place the salmon, avocado strips and cucumber strips.
- Roll up tightly and cut the roll into pieces.
- Serve on a plate with soy sauce and finish with the rest of the coriander.