Macaroni cheese and ham
- 20 minutes
For 4 persons
clove of garlic (finely chopped)
dry white wine
chicken stock cube
vegetable stock cube
fresh Parmesan cheese
springs of chives (chopped)
onion (finely chopped)
salt and pepper
Soubry macaroni has a slightly curved, concave shape, allowing for ideal absorption of sauces. Whoever says macaroni automatically means macaroni with cheese and ham, a classic to say the least.
- Grate the cheeses. Heat the water with the stock cubes.
- In a saucepan, sauté the garlic and onion in the butter for five minutes until translucent.
- Increase the heat, pour the dry pasta into the pot and stir well to coat it with fat.
- Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring constantly to lightly toast the pasta.
- Pour with the white wine over and mix. Add 2 tablespoons of hot broth as soon as the alcohol has evaporated.
- Stir constantly, adding broth each time the previous amount has evaporated/absorbed for 6–8 minutes.
- When the pasta is al dente, add the cream, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Once off the heat, add the cheese, ham and chives and mix well.
- Cover and allow to stand for two minutes.