- 25 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 1 hours 40 minutes
For 17 bread(s)
unsalted butter at room temperature
egg beaten in 1 tbsp of water (egg wash)
Flour for a white bread
The varieties of bread flour from Soubry have been specially developed to obtain a perfect result in the bread baking process, even with bread machines that demand a very high flour quality. Soubry bread flour contains a lot of high-quality proteins. These guarantee bread with a perfect crumb structure and a golden brown crust. These flour types form the base to which you simply have to add water, yeast, salt and other ingredients depending on the recipe.
This flour is a careful blend of fine wheat for a soft, beautiful and white crumb texture. Nice and light and flavourful.
- Crumble the yeast into the milk and stir in the egg yolks. Add the flour and mix well. Add the salt and sugar. Do not add the butter until the dough is formed. Continue to knead it into a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 50 g pieces. Roll the pieces of dough into balls. Press the balls flat with your hand, this will distribute the gas bubbles more evenly. Place your hand on the dough and make a twisting motion. Start pushing with the palm of your hand and make the dough come towards your fingers. Don't lift your hand, it should be in contact with the work surface at all times. Keep pushing down and rotating until you get nice dough balls. Allow them to rest under a kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Press the balls flat and then make them into an oval shape. Now fold the top and bottom to the centre. Form the dough pieces into sausage shapes of about 10 cm by rolling them across the work surface with the palm of your hand. Make the ends slightly pointed.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the sandwiches on it with the seam at the bottom. Place them far enough apart so they have room to rise. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for 45 minutes.
- Brush the sandwiches very thinly with the egg wash and let them rise uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 230°C. Just before putting them in the oven, you can brush them with egg wash again for an even more shiny finish. Turn the temperature down to 220°C and bake for 8 minutes. The sandwiches are done when they have a nice brown colour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.